in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, April 21, 2014

ARC Review: Imaginary Lines by Allison Parr


Imaginary Lines is the third installment in Allison Parr's New York Leopards series. These books can be read as standalones though as they are about interconnected characters. I really enjoyed this story though, and I can't wait to read the first two books from this series since I haven't already read them. Tamar and Abraham's story was really well written, and I really liked the characters. This story was one that I was really drawn into and I found the characters easy to relate to. I also loved that they had grown up together and had such a history together.

Tamar has loved Abe all her life. She finally got up the nerve to tell him how she felt when he was drafted to the New York Leopards, but he rejected her saying that he didn't feel anything for her besides friendship and that he looked at her like a sister. Four years later, Abe and Tamar never talk anymore and they have lost the close friendship they once shared. Abe is a successful linebacker still living in New York and playing for the Leopards. Tamar has finally got a job as a reporter and is set to move to New York to work for a sports magazine and blog that covers the Leopards. She knows that she and Abe will cross paths, but she intends to keep things friendly and professional and not let their past affect her. When her and Abe start hanging out again, the feelings she once felt come rushing back to her but she is determined not to give in to them again. Abe however has finally realized what he feels for Tamar though and is determined to convince her that they are meant for each other. Can Tamar get over her past rejection and give Abe and a relationship a chance?

I really liked Abe. He was sweet and kind, and he wasn't your typical jock. He was deep and you could tell that he enjoyed his career and his teammates but that he was a little lonely and felt like something was missing. Even when he didn't know what he felt for Tamar, you could tell that he had been missing her from his life. I liked Abe's determination and his understanding of Tamar's feelings. He knew that it would be tough for Tamar to get over what had happened in the past, and yet he never gave up or pushed too hard. Tamar was strong and successful and I really loved her commitment to reporting the facts regardless of consequences. She had a lot of integrity and that isn't always the case, especially for someone at a young age. It made me really admire her. I really loved her friendship with Abe and how she started to let him in again. Even if she wasn't convinced of his feelings, she didn't completely shut him out and they were able to really rebuild their relationship. Tamar and Abe had a lot of chemistry, but they also had such a strong bond and friendship through their history and connection. These two were so real and believable, and they were absolutely perfect for each other.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. It was a quick and cute read that I didn't want to put down. I loved the characters and the story, and it was a great way to spend a few hours. I liked that the story was about more than just Tamar and Abe's relationship and that the author was able to deal with an important issue in football that affects players and their safety. I thought that it was done really well, but if i'm honest those parts of the story were a bit slow for me. They were well written and detailed, but I was more interested in Tamar and Abe than her story and findings. The beginning and end were really good though, it was just a bit slow through the middle mostly. I would still recommend this book to NA fans and sports romance fans. I really look forward to reading the other books in this series and seeing what else Allison Parr does in the future.

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase:Amazon | B&N |



0 comments :

Post a Comment