in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, June 23, 2014

ARC Review: First Night by Lauren Blakely


First Night is the prequel novella to Lauren Blakely's Seductive Nights Series. I have to admit that I have been waiting to read this! I have loved every Lauren Blakely book I have ever read, but when Clay was briefly introduced in Playing With Her Heart as Davis Milo's entertainment lawyer friend I was instantly intrigued. I don't know what it was about him that drew my interest so strongly, but I couldn't wait to get to know him better! I can now say after having read this that I absolutely loved Clay! He was even better than I ever imagined and I can't wait to get more of him!

Julia Bell is looking for a break from her life and all the troubles that go along with it. She is part owner of a bar and is content to serve drinks, even if it means being constantly hit on. When her sister tells her that she is sending a super hot man in to meet her, Julia wonders if her sister could be telling the truth about just how great this guy is. But then Clay walks in and orders a beer, and Julia is instantly attracted to him. Clay is looking for a drink at the end of an awful day, but as soon as he lays eyes on Julia he knows that his night is about to get better. They are both feeling the electric chemistry between them and agree to a night of fun and passion. But when they click so completely, they are both left wanting more. But with them living on opposite coasts, how can they possibly have anything more than just that first night?

I loved Clay! He is sexy and commanding, and yet he is also gentle and willing to take direction. I loved seeing him give and take when it came to sex with Julia. He wasn't afraid to give up a bit of control and I really liked that about him. But I also really liked when he took charge and how he was able to have control but yet be gentle and kind. He was so complex, and I loved getting to see the different sides of him. His tenderness really surprised me, and it just made me love him so much more. I also really liked Julia. I thought that she was a lot of fun and really feisty. I loved that she was able to dish back exactly what she was giving and I loved her ability to banter with Clay. I really enjoyed her wit and I liked seeing her be so quick on her quips and innuendo. She just seems like one of those really cool girls that you would love to hang out with. Clay and Julia were super steamy, and you could really feel their attraction and heat right from the start. They were hot and I loved all the dirty talk between them! I also really liked that there was more there though than just the sex. They took the time to start getting to know one another, and I enjoyed the fact that they were able to connect on a deeper level than just the physical.

Overall, this was the perfect prequel to really get me ready for Night After Night and I am can't wait to get more of Clay. Until now, Davis Milo has been my favorite Lauren Blakely hero (and one of my all time favorite heroes ever!) but I have to say that I think Clay is really going to give him a run for his money. Clay and Julia really drew me in and I devoured this story because I loved them so much. Lauren Blakely is one of those authors that I would buy anything from just because it had her name on it. She never disappoints, and her writing is always something that I enjoy. This one is a must read, and I highly recommend that you check this one out if you are looking for a short and erotic story with more to come. If you haven't read anything by Lauren Blakely you are definitely missing out and are going to want to check out this one and her others as well.

**ARC Provided by Author**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N |







0 comments :

Post a Comment