in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, June 23, 2014

Review: Elite by Rachel Van Dyken


 Elite is the first book in Rachel Van Dyken's Eagle Elite series. I have been a fan of Rachel's for quite awhile now, and I have no idea what took me so long to read this book. The minute I started Elite though, I was hooked! This book was so freaking good! After a string of decent or just okay books, this one was so refreshing! I absolutely couldn't put this book down until I had devoured the entire thing!

Before her grandmother died, she encouraged Tracey to apply for the annual Eagle Elite scholarship lottery. When she ends up being selected, Tracey decides to accept and attend Eagle Elite to honor her grandmother even though it means leaving Wyoming and her grandfather. Attending Eagle Elite is nothing like living on the farm though, and Tracey is thrust into a whole new world. When she encounters Nixon, Chase and the Elect, they go out of their way to introduce her to their rules. 1. Don't Touch the Elect 2. Don't Look at the Elect 3. Don't speak to the Elect. Tracey tries to avoid the Elect as best as possible, but they are always around her and she becomes easily provoked. She quickly realizes that even though she and Nixon seem to be drawn to each other, that you don't want to end up on their bad side. The more she learns, the more questions that arise. Soon Tracey is remembering things from her childhood that she had long since forgotten. Who are the Elect, and why does Tracey feel so connected to Nixon despite the way he has treated her?

At first I really didn't like Nixon. He seemed like an arrogant jerk that believed he was better than everyone else. He had an attitude and everyone seemed to ask how high when he said jump. But he quickly grew on me, and with each new discovery about him I started to love his character. He was so much more than you first see, and as all the secrets begin to unravel you see the reasons behind things that he did. I loved that he was always looking out for Tracey even if it didn't seem like he was. I really liked Tracey right from the start. She was strong and determined, and even though she was vulnerable she still stood up for herself. When pushed, she would push back and I really liked that she was such a survivor. She had no idea what she was getting herself into, but she never gave up. I think that Tracey and Nixon had a really great connection and were great together. I also thought that they had a ton of chemistry! These two were just a natural pair despite first appearances, and the more I found out the more I believed that these two were meant to be together.

Overall, this book was fantastic. I wish I could explain everything I loved about this story, but it would spoil so much of this book. Trust me when I tell you that this is one you won't want to be ruined with spoilers, and that you should just read it and find out for yourself. This book had twists and turns, and I loved reading through this one as secrets and truths came out. I never could have predicted the way this one would go, and I really enjoyed being along for the ride. These characters are unique and interesting, and I have never seen a story like this one. I really loved Tracey and Nixon, but I also really enjoyed the secondary characters as well. I especially loved Chase and can't wait to get more of him! I love the friendship that Chase and Tracey have developed, and he is such a great guy. The great thing about this book is that it leaves you wanting more, but there isn't a huge cliffhanger. This story will continue in Elect, and I can't wait to read it! I highly recommend this story and this one is definitely a new favorite of mine. I can't wait for more in the Eagle Elite series, and Rachel Van Dyken is quickly making her way to the top of my favorite authors list!

**Copy Provided by Author**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | The Book Depository |




0 comments :

Post a Comment