in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Review: Undaunted by Charity Parkerson


Undaunted is the second book in Charity Parkerson's erotic No Rival series. This book was super hot and can be read as a standalone. This one is just under 100 pages, and is a great quick and steamy read when you are short on time. I haven't read the first book in this series, but if it's anything like this one I will definitely be reading it as well.

Rhys and Knox are brothers who have always loved the same woman. While Rhys has always been close to Mandy and has never been shy about his feelings, Knox has sat back and maintains his distance from her. He admires her from afar, but when his brother continues to do things to destroy his relationship with Mandy, Knox knows it's finally his chance. With secrets and feelings between them all, can they possibly all make it out without being heartbroken? How will Mandy possibly make the choice between the sexy fighters who are both a part of her heart?

I liked both Rhys and Knox. I thought that they were both sexy and both of them had genuine feelings for Mandy. Rhys might have had the closer friendship with Mandy, but he also kept her at a distance. For all his feelings he didn't do a lot to show her that he wanted more with her or that they had a chance at more. I kept waiting for him to stop screwing around and finally lay it all out for her. Knox kept his distance from the start and hardly ever really talked to her. He would go to where she worked and would sit in another waitress's section while keeping an eye on her. He knew her schedule and would pay close attention to her actions. You could tell that he had always wanted her though even with him keeping her at arms length. He really started to open up to her after she had been hurt by Rhys though, and he even tried to warn her away from him several times. He thought he wasn't good enough for her and that she deserved something better. Mandy was an easy heroine to like, but I fell like we didn't get to know her super well in this story. We got to see that she had been through a lot and had struggled with watching Rhys parade women around in front of her. She also was dealing with the pain of a horrible loss and circumstances that had changed her life because of that loss. I thought that she had chemistry with both men and there were real feelings between them all. But to me this wasn't as big of a love triangle as I had originally expected.

I felt like I was on one team from the beginning of the book, and I kept thinking that I knew what would happen. I can honestly say that I didn't know though, and things ended up happening completely differently. I liked the way the story went though, and it was good to see that Mandy ended up with who she was supposed to. She might not have ended up with who I thought she was going to, but it was the choice that was right for her. I liked the characters, flaws and all and it was great to see them all start to figure things out. I liked watching Mandy make her choice and see the beginning of her future. I am so glad that she got her HEA, and I really enjoyed every steamy bit of it. I would definitely recommend this one if you are looking for something super hot and quick. I will definitely look for more from Charity Parkerson in the future.

**Review Copy Provided by Ellora's Cave Publishing**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N |





2 comments :

  1. Hi Danielle!

    Thank you for the awesome review and for posting it on amazon! On behalf of Charity, we really appreciate it!

    If you are interesting in reading and reviewing the next book, Unequaled, you can sign up here: http://bit.ly/SYwv1E

    Thanks again!
    Mia @ IndieSage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for hosting me and for taking a chance on me by reading my book :-D

    ReplyDelete