in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, October 26, 2014

ARC Review: Rowdy by Jay Crownover


Rowdy is the fifth book in Jay Crownover's Marked Men series, but this book can easily be read as a standalone. I really enjoyed this book, and I love the characters in this series. If you haven't read any of this series yet, I highly recommend giving it a shot. Jay Crownover's characters are easy to like and relate to, and I love how different they are.

After having his heart broken, Rowdy St. James doesn't let anyone get close enough to hurt him. Everyone that he has ever cared about has left him. But when Salem Cruz suddenly reappears in his life as his new coworker, he is forced to face his past. Salem was his best friend as a child until she abruptly left when she turned eighteen. Rowdy was left behind with her sister Poppy. Salem always cared for Rowdy, but he was always in love with her sister Poppy. Now years later though, she is still as drawn to Rowdy as she always was and Salem is determined to show him that things between them are worth giving a chance. But when secrets and hidden truths from the past are revealed, Rowdy and Salem will have to figure out if they can finally have something between them or if things will tear them apart once and for all.

I really liked Rowdy and Salem. I loved that they were both different and unique. Salem was strong and independent. She went after what she wanted in life and wasn't afraid to ruffle some feathers along the way. She did what made her happy, and I really loved that about her. Rowdy was sweet and charming and was able to get any girl he wanted. But he also had such a vulnerable side, and it was clear that his past affected him greatly. Rowdy needed to believe that he wouldn't always be alone, and that someone would stick around and be there for him. I loved the history between Rowdy and Salem and the fact that they had been such great friends. But they also had a ton of chemistry between them, and it was great to see them start to explore the feelings between them that went beyond friendship.

Overall, this was a really great read. I liked the characters a lot and I thought that the story was really good. I thought that there were a few parts that were a bit slow for me, mostly in the beginning of the story. But I was drawn in and really wanted to see what would happen as Rowdy and Salem got to know each other again after all the years apart. I highly recommend this series, and I think that fans of Jay Crownover will really enjoy her latest addition to the Marked Men series. But I also think that if you haven't read any of her books before that Rowdy is definitely worth the read. I can't wait to read more from Jay Crownover in the future.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Book Depository |





0 comments :

Post a Comment