in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

ARC Review: Jax by Jennifer Foor


I couldn't wait to read Jax as soon as I finished Jake by Jennifer Foor. Jax is the fifth book in the Mitchell/Healy Family Series, and it can be read as a standalone. I haven't read more in this series besides Jake, and I had no problems understanding these two books. While it isn't necessary, I would highly suggest reading Jake before reading Jax. These two books are best read together since the boys are twins and much of what happens in Jake's book really affects what happens for Jax. I think that the reader will get a lot more enjoyment and understanding by reading Jake first and then Jax.

Jax picks up where Jake left off, with Jax leaving town after his brother and Reese's betrayal. He has been in Kentucky staying with family for a month, and Jake sets out to bring his brother home. Jax isn't having any of it though and is determined to run Jake off. When Jake and Jax go out with family one night, Jax ends up meeting someone he never expected. Not only does he feel a connection to her unlike he has ever felt before, but he is finally able to keep Reese and Jake off his mind for a change. With her help, Jax begins to see that he was never meant to be with Reese and that it is time to move on from the past and repair his relationship with his brother.

I really liked getting to know Jax better. I felt like he was sort of made out to be someone else in Jake's book in order to kind of justify Jake and Reese's actions. So it was good to finally see beneath his surface. He was fun and playful and I really loved seeing him happy again. He really deserved to find his match, and she could not have been more perfect for him. I didn't expect his love interest to be who it was, but I have to say that I had wondered if it might be her after reading the first book. She was exactly what he needed and he was the same for her. I don't want to spoil anything, but this girl was such a great heroine and I liked her from the start. She was smart and strong, and had been through so much. I loved how she was with Jax, and these two had smoking hot chemistry.

I will say that I did not like Reese in this book at all. I felt like she was acting like a scorned and jealous lover, when it was her that had betrayed Jax. I didn't understand her bitchiness at all, and I honestly didn't like it one bit. I had always liked her throughout Jake's book even though her actions were not ones that I agreed with. But I felt like everything good about her had been destroyed in this book and I didn't understand the shift at all. Jake deserved way better, and if I was him I would have been super pissed about the way she was acting. I was glad that Jax got his happy ending though, and I thought that he found the exact person he was meant for. Their relationship was unique and fun, and I enjoyed seeing them heal each other and fall in love. I highly recommend this book and I can't wait to read more from this series and Jennifer Foor.

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N |





0 comments :

Post a Comment