in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Review: Beneath this Mask by Meghan March


Beneath This Mask is the first book that I have ever read by Meghan March, and I really enjoyed it. This book was well written and interesting, and I really loved the characters. I am so glad that I took a chance on this new to me author, and I can't wait to read more from her in the future. After finishing Beneath This Mask, I cannot wait to get Con's story next!

After losing the only life she has ever known, Charlie sets out to disappear and start over. She finds herself miles from home and with a new family completely unlike anything from her former life. She is happy and finally feels comfortable in her own skin. One night a handsome stranger comes in to the tattoo shop where she works and changes everything for her once again. At first Charlie is interested in knowing more about him, but when she finds out who he is she realizes that he could threaten the new life she has built. Although she knows she should stay away, Charlie finds herself unable to and she begins to grow close to Simon. But when the truth finally comes out, will Simon and Charlie lose everything and both be left with broken hearts?

I really liked Simon. He didn't care who Charlie was, he just cared about her. I loved that he didn't get hung up on appearances, and he also wasn't afraid to stand up to his parents or anyone who had a problem with Charlie. He was really great, and it was refreshing to see a guy who wanted more that just one night with a girl. Charlie was easy to like, and I was glad to see that she had so many sides to her. She was far more than the rich girl she had grown up as, and so much more than the girl in hiding with a secret. She was smart and strong, and I loved how hard she worked. She did her best to make up for things she didn't do, and she never wanted to take a handout. I really admired her. She had a ton of chemistry with Simon, and these two definitely fit together perfectly.

Overall, this was a really great book. I liked all the characters, and thought that they were each unique and interesting. I really loved the secondary characters just as much as Simon and Charlie, and I can't wait to get to know them all better. Charlie and Simon's story was so easy to get lost in, and I didn't want to put this one down once I really enjoyed Meghan March's writing style, and I am looking forward to reading more from her. I will say that the one thing I didn't care for in this book was Charlie continuing to run without talking to Simon. I understood at first why she didn't, but as they got closer I really wanted her to trust him and start to let him in. I wish that she would have leaned on him a little more, and I felt like if she really did love him like she said then she would have at least started to open up to him and talk about things. But beyond that, I had no complaints with this book. I can't wait to read Con's story next, and I am excited to get to know him better.

**Review Copy Provided by RockStarLit PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Book Depository |





0 comments :

Post a Comment