in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, February 23, 2015

ARC Review: Thoughtful by S.C. Stephens


I think it is impossible to read any book with Kellan Kyle in it and not fall in love with him. I have loved him since the very start, so I was really excited when I found out that S.C. Stephens was giving us more of him. When I read Thoughtless, I always felt as though the one thing missing was Kellan's thoughts and feelings. I wanted his POV so badly, because I really felt like the story was incomplete without it. I have to say, I thought that this book was everything that I had been hoping for and more. I will tell you that if you are going into Thoughtful expecting an entirely new story you will be disappointed. Thoughtful is not a new story, but rather the same story told in a completely new way. This is Thoughtless as you have never seen it before, from Kellan's POV. While fans of the series might be on the fence about the same story rehashed, I honestly loved seeing the same story from Kellan's side this time around.

Kellan Kyle had a hard life growing up. He lost himself in his guitar and music. Now grown up, Kellan has his bandmates and an endless string of women willing to fill his time. But while he has always turned to sex to lose himself, he finds himself feeling empty and wanting more. When his childhood friend Denny asks for a place to stay with his girlfriend, Kellan can't wait to have his friend back around and looks forward to having company. He never expects to be so drawn to Denny's girlfriend Kiera though. As Kiera and Kellan grow closer the more they are around each other, the more Kellan starts to feel right for the first time ever. He knows that he should be staying far away from her, but he also knows that he will do whatever it takes not to lose her. 

I have never been a Kiera hater. I know there are a lot of people out there who are, but I have never been one of them. I was aggravated and frustrated with her at times, but I always felt just how torn and confused she was. I think it is easy to judge from the outside and forget how young she was. She had only ever been with Denny and was experiencing so many new things that I felt like she really just didn't know how to deal at times. I always felt the connection between her and Kellan though, and as hard as it was to watch things at times I really felt like these two would make it work because they were meant to. I loved getting to see her from Kellan's POV though. I felt like we really got to know her better through Thoughtful. I know that might seem strange considering this was Kellan's POV and we had already been given hers, but I felt like we really got to see a whole new side of her that was only possible from someone else's perspective. Kellan was just as lovable as ever, and we had seen him be vulnerable before. But this time around I felt as if we got to see him completely bare. Everything that he had been through in his past as well as him fighting his feelings for Kiera really tore me apart. He had been hurt so many times, and it was so heartbreaking to see him still hurting. The depth of his feelings and emotions was something that is hard to put into words. I loved him so much more though because of it, and I really understood him and Kiera's relationship so much better after reading Thoughtful. 

Overall, I really recommend reading this book if you are a fan of the series. I think that this book adds so much and that it really shines a whole new light on things. Kellan Kyle is impossible to not fall in love with, and Thoughtful gives readers more of him than ever before. S.C. Stephens did a great job of keeping events consistent with Thoughtless and although there wasn't a ton of new content, it really did feel as though a lot of it was completely different. We might have experienced this before, but through Kellan's eyes it was like experiencing it for the first time all over again. While I liked Thoughtless and getting to know the characters, I have to say that I loved Thoughtful. I really can't say enough why every one that has read this series should read this book. But trust me when I tell you that if you love Kellan Kyle, Thoughtful is a book that you will not want to miss. I am so glad that S.C. Stephens was able to give readers more of the story and more of Kellan, and I honestly cannot wait to get the next book in this series. While I have never been a huge Griff fan, I have to say I am definitely interested in seeing him in a different light. I will absolutely be reading more from S.C. Stephens in the future, and I am excited to see what she has in store for us next.

**ARC Provided by Forever (Grand Central Publishing)**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Book Depository | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment