in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, February 28, 2016

ARC Review: The Knave of Hearts by Elizabeth Boyle


“The Knave of Hearts” by Elizabeth Boyle was a sweet and enjoyable story. I’ve long wanted to read Boyle and was happy that I finally got the chance to. Although this is the fifth book in the series I did not find that I missed out on the story and this is easily a stand-a-lone.

Lavinia Temptest was a sweet heroine. I really liked her and thought she was fun. She is in London making her debut with her sister. Lavinia is not having an easy time. She has her mother’s scandalous behavior looming over her and she is a very awkward dancer. Her already disastrous debut is only cumulated when Alaster “Tuck” Rowland asks to dance with her and she ends up falling. Lavinia is already having a difficult time finding her way into society and Tuck’s mishap only makes things worse for her. Lavinia for her part is looking for true love and is determined to succeed.

Tuck feels bad about his hand in Lavinia’s humiliation and wants to make it up to her. Her tries to convince her that he can teach her to dance and that all of London will be eating out of her hand. To her credit, she refuses his offer but quickly has to relent because she realizes she needs help. He makes a bet that he make turn her into the most sought after lady in London.

Tuck and Lavinia begin to spend more and more time together and they fall in love. Tuck’s mother was a great addition to this story and she was a great character. Overall, I enjoyed this book but I found the storyline a little slow. I also like when characters take their time to fall in love and Lavinia and Tuck instantly feel something for each other. Even though I liked Lavinia she often started crying when confronted with a difficult situation. I did appreciate how her own personal self-awareness helped her to finally find her happiness. I know that Boyle fans will enjoy this book and I plan to read more by her.

**ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes |


3 comments :

  1. Of the Authors would be Nora Roberts/JD Robb. Her In Death series is just amazing to me. So many books so far and they never fall flat. Especially Roarke. :). Thanks for the post and the giveaway.
    Carol L
    Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, great review and sounds like my kind of romance. Of course, I already like Ms. Boyle's romances. :-) In any event, I was a clumsy, slightly overweight gal myself growing up and when I was allowed by my parents to finally date at age 16, there was no one available who wanted to date me except a friend, who proved to be a person like Tuck who helped me through my senior year so that my memories would not be all bad. Lavinia was lucky Tuck stayed by her to "the end." Can't wait to read this story. jdh2690@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review and I love historical romance. I already do love Elizabeth Boyle books. I was always thinking of myself as clumsy and serious. Can''t wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete