in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, March 4, 2016

ARC Review: Fade Into You by Tracy Wolff


Fade Into You is the third book in the Shaken Dirty series by Tracy Wolff, and I have been waiting what feels like forever to get my hands on Wyatt's book. As with the previous two books in the series, this is a standalone story. I highly recommend starting at the beginning of the series if possible though, as Wyatt's character especially has been through so much over the course of this series. It isn't necessary, but I think that readers will appreciate this one so much more if they see Wyatt's progress from the beginning. 

Having just been released from rehab again, Wyatt Jennings and his band Shaken Dirty are hoping that the third time is the charm. Not only is Shaken Dirty preparing to go on tour, but they are also trying to find a new bassist for the band. Wyatt hits it off with the band's new social media consultant Poppy, and things between them help him avoid looking for a fix. But Poppy isn't actually a social media consultant, but really the label CEO's daughter sent to babysit Wyatt and make sure that he doesn't fall off the wagon. But as Poppy and Wyatt's feelings for one another grow, Poppy knows that she will do whatever it takes to not only help Wyatt, but to also help Shaken Dirty. The longer things go on between them, the more she begins to worry that when the truth about her comes out it could have a devastating effect on Wyatt. 

I have had a bit of a love/hate relationship with Wyatt over the course of this series. At times I have absolutely hated his actions and how he handled things, and yet it was also impossible for me to truly hate him as it was all due to his addiction. I so badly wanted for him to turn his life around, and I kept waiting for him to wake up and find the strength inside himself that I knew he had. I really got to know him better here, and I loved him even more than I had before. Poppy was really great for him, and I really loved how supportive she was of him. She was great for the band as well, and she fit in with all of them right away. I did feel as though her and Wyatt's connection was a bit too instant here and it did feel rushed, but it wasn't entirely unbelievable either. It was clear that these two were great together, and their chemistry was really strong. I just wish that we had seen their connection grow a bit more without it seeming to have just popped up out of nowhere. 

Besides Wyatt and Poppy's connection feeling a bit rushed, the ending felt the same way to me. It was a bit too abrupt in my opinion, and I would have liked to have seen a bit more down the road. While I did have issues with those things, I really did enjoy this story. I love this series and the guys of Shaken Dirty are some of my favorite rockstars ever! I know with each book that the camaraderie and friendship is going to be every bit as good as the chemistry and romance. I also love the emotion that Tracy Wolff brings to each of these stories, and I can't get enough of these guys. I really hope that we get more books in this series as I don't know that I will ever be able to let them go. I really liked the addition of Drew to the band, and I look forward to reading more from Tracy Wolff in the future.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes





0 comments :

Post a Comment