in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

ARC Review: Set the Pace by Kim Karr


Set the Pace is the first book in the Detroit Love Duet from Kim Karr. With this being the first of two books, readers should know that this isn't a standalone and it does end with a cliffhanger. Luckily it appears as though the second book is coming in May 2016, so readers shouldn't have to wait too long to see what happens next for these characters. I am a huge Kim Karr fan, and I really enjoyed this story. It has everything that I have come to know and love from her, and yet this one felt new and fresh! 

Jasper Storm had a rough childhood, but he is finally where he has always wanted to be. Him and his friends have developed a new cutting-edge car that could help turn things around for not only them, but also Detroit. But when the girl next door from his childhood returns, he can't help but try to figure out what her agenda is. She was once his best friend, but the Charlotte Lane before him is no longer the Charlie that he remembers. When she tells him that she is back to get answers about their past, he has no interest in dredging up bad memories after finally being on the cusp of moving on. But when Jasper is suddenly a murder suspect and everything ties back to his past, the one girl that he always tried to save as a child could be the only one that can save him.

I really loved these two. They had such an interesting dynamic between them. Jasper and Charlotte had history and a connection as children, but as adults there was so much more. Both were a little wary of who the other had become, yet there was a really strong pull between them that only seemed to have intensified with age. There was so much chemistry and sexual tension between these two, and I loved the slow burn their relationship took here. Jasper was known for being a player and yet Charlotte didn't judge him for it. Charlotte was interesting and different from other heroines that I have read about before. I felt invested in these two right away, and I knew that we were in for a ride when it came to their relationship. 

The one thing that I will say is that I didn't fully understand Jasper's initial reaction to Charlotte. He was so mean to her at first, and appeared to absolutely hate her. I didn't quite get that as all I could figure out is that he was mad about her disappearing (which she had no control over as she was a child) and the fact that her father was who he was (also something she had no control over). While I could understand that from a child's perspective, I would have thought that as an adult he would have seen beyond that. But other than that, this book was really great. Things were a bit slow at times, but I was drawn in right from the start and couldn't wait to find out what was going on. As I said there is a cliffhanger, and I honestly can't wait to get more answers! Kim Karr is a really great writer, and I am looking forward to finding out what happens for these characters next! If you like suspense and steamy tension with your romance, I recommend giving this one a shot. Kim Karr is one of my favorite authors, and I think that romance fans will really enjoy this one.

**ARC Provided by Gossip Girls PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N





0 comments :

Post a Comment