in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, March 3, 2016

ARC Review: Sinner's Creed by Kim Jones


Sinner's Creed is not only my first book by Kim Jones, but it is also the first book in the Sinner's Creed series. I was instantly drawn to this book with the cover and blurb, and I couldn't wait to read it! When I started seeing some early reviews though, I have to admit I went in search of some spoilers before starting. A lot of the complaints I was seeing in reviews weren't mentioned at all in the blurb, so I really wanted to have some idea what I was getting into here. I will tell you right now, this book will not be for everyone. This book is not a traditional romance story, and there is not a traditional HEA. It is a really great story, but if you are looking for a traditional romance with an HEA, this is not the book for you. I think that readers should know that before starting.

Looking to please his grandfather (the only family he has known), Dirk has lived for Sinner's Creed Motorcycle Club since he was old enough to be a part of it. As a nomad, he travels on club business, never staying in one place for long. But the one constant in his life is the woman who has been in his thoughts for years. Saylor Samson and Dirk had never really met, yet fate was always bringing them together at times when Saylor needed him the most. But with their latest encounter, Saylor is ready to go with him and Dirk is finally ready to take her. Though Saylor's life has been nothing like Dirk's, they find their connection is unlike anything they could have imagined. Dirk knows that he wants Saylor, but if forced to make the choice will he choose his club or his girl?

I really liked these two. I loved that they had such a strong connection that started before they ever really spoke or knew one another. Fate kept bringing them together, and they both knew that there was something strong between them. Dirk had always put his club first, but Saylor was the one person that challenged that. He was protective of her and it was nice to see him really care about her and treat her differently. Saylor was great as well. She was so good for Dirk, and I loved that she accepted him exactly as he was. Seeing them together and watching them get to know one another was really enjoyable. I loved them traveling together and the chemistry between them. They had some really cute moments (like the moments with the Skittles) and then they had some steamy ones as well. But I couldn't get enough of the emotional connection between them. 

Overall, this was a great story and I don't want to say much for those that don't want to be spoiled here. I did mention that this wasn't a traditional romance, and honestly I really wish that this book would have been marketed a bit differently. To me, this would have been better as fiction rather than romance because I think a lot of people that don't know what they are getting themselves into will be upset. Readers like romance to be a certain way, and this book is anything but that. I will say though that this book was definitely worth the read, and the writing was fantastic. Kim Jones had me captivated from the very first page, and I couldn't put this story down. Even knowing that I was running straight into a situation that could only break my heart, I had to keep going though I knew that I would be torn apart. This book was such a journey for not only the characters, but also for the reader and I am so glad that I read it. I already know this won't be the last I read from Kim Jones, and I can't wait to read Shady's story in this series next. I think that if you can go into this story with an open mind, that this is definitely a book worth taking a chance on.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes





0 comments :

Post a Comment