in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, March 17, 2016

ARC Review: Our Time by Gina Sheldon


Our Time is my first book from Gina Sheldon though it is the second book in her The Rub Down series. Each book is a standalone story with interconnected characters and can be read out of order. What really drew me to this book was the blurb and the fact that this is my favorite trope! I just can't help myself when it comes to girls falling in love with their brother's best friend! While there was a lot to like here, this one didn't fully deliver on what I had been hoping for. 

Elle has been in love with her brother's best friend Danny for years. But with the baggage from her past, she has always believed that she didn't deserve him. Danny has been in love with Elle for years also, but he knew that after everything she has been through that he needed to wait for her to be ready for him. Tired of waiting, Danny can no longer stay away from her and decides it is time to claim her. But when Elle's past shows back up, Danny must do whatever it takes to keep her from hiding away from the world again. 

I liked Elle and Danny a lot. I was drawn right into their story and couldn't put the book down. These two were great for one another, and it was obvious that the connection between them was special. They were perfect for each other on every level, and the chemistry between them was as strong as their emotional bond. I loved Danny's unwavering support for Elle, and how he had been there for her through everything. I did feel as though things got a bit cheesy at times though. Things were overly sweet at times and once they had admitted their feelings to one another (which was pretty early on in the story) they were always telling each other that they loved one another. It was a bit overkill, and got to be very repetitive.

The other thing that kept me from loving this story was that it was just a bit too smooth sailing here. Like I said it was very sweet and while that is great, there wasn't a lot of drama or conflict. It kept the story from ever really going anywhere and not a lot actually happened. I kept waiting for something big to come up and see how these two would handle things, but it just never went there though there was the potential for so much more. So while I liked this story, I didn't love it and wished for something more. It got to the point with all the sweetness and I love you's that I found myself wanting to skim a lot in the last half of the book. I think that contemporary fans who enjoy very sweet stories might enjoy this book, but if you are looking for a deeper story this might not be the one you are looking for.

**ARC Provided by Southern Belle Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon





0 comments :

Post a Comment