in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, March 18, 2016

ARC Review: Pushing The Limits by Jennifer Snow


Pushing the Limits is the third book in the "Beyond the Cage" series. I actually read one other book in the series. You don't have to read any other books in the series to read this one but this one does contain some minor spoilers, at least of the one other book that I read. When I picked up this book I didn't realize it was another one in the series but after reading for awhile I saw the one main issue that I had with the other book in the series. The heroine is stuck on stupid for entirely too long and a lot happens in the story before the romance (read:sex) really gets going.

Jennifer Snow is a good writer. She's particularly skilled at building characters. Even without the romance, I was intrigued by both Dane and Colby. I loved Dane's intensity. Even in his guilt and agony, Dane is a compelling character. I liked that Colby was a woman with a plan. I thought her plain was crazy and clearly headed for a quick disaster but hey, at least she had a goal. I have to say, I'm not really into down on their luck Heroes so take what I say next with that bias in mind. I didn't love where the story went with Dane at first. He runs into some hard times and Colby has to basically hook him up. I just like my Heroes to have their ish together. Dane didn't even have gas money. Listen people, I'm here for the fantasy. I could be broke with no fuel in real life. I want my Heroes hung like a horse with a full tank of gas in a Bentley coup. But that's just me. If that's not an issue for you, I promise, Dane is otherwise totally likeable as a hero.

Despite Colby's hair brained plan, she quickly develops a genuine affection for Dane. It quickly becomes apparent that her career goals take a back seat to her desire to really see Dane healed. I loved that party of the story, I found it heart warming and really sweet. My problem with this book is that there is just too much dialogue, too much story, too many pages and not enough romance AND sex. If the author could just condense all the getting to know you stuff and other information, and get to what we're really here for, I think I would be able to give her books higher ratings. For now, I'm going to say go ahead and read this if you like a well written story, sweet romance, character redemption and you don't mind holding off on the steam.

**ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes |


0 comments :

Post a Comment