in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, March 13, 2016

ARC Review: Paige in Progress by Brighton Walsh


Paige in Progress is the third book in the Reluctant Hearts series by Brighton Walsh. Each book in this series can be read as a standalone story, though the characters are interconnected. I have really enjoyed reading this series, and I would recommend reading them in order if possible though it isn't necessary. It was great to see familiar faces here, and to get to know Paige and Adam. 

Though Paige has a plan for her life that is on track, her love life has always been a bit of a disaster. After a relationship went bad, she has been determined to just have fun with no plans for love. But when she has a one night stand with a friend of her friends, she can't get him out of her head months later. So when Adam shows up back in town, Paige is anything but happy. Especially when he moves into the apartment across the hall and makes it his mission to win her over. Adam has always been a relationship guy, until he met Paige and spent one night with her. So when he comes back for the summer to help his parents, he is determined to get more of the girl he can't get out of his head. But can Adam win Paige over, or will she be determined to keep him at arm's length? 

I liked both Paige and Adam. It was nice to see a guy here that had always been a relationship type of guy rather than one that would sleep with any girl he came across. He was a good guy, and I loved that he would do anything for his parents even though it wasn't exactly what he was wanting to do. He dropped everything and came back to help them out, and that said a lot about his character. Paige was smart and determined, and I liked how close she was with Tessa. It was good to see Adam work his way under her skin though, and show her that it was okay to see where things could go and that not all guys were the same. These two had a lot of chemistry and I enjoyed seeing them together.

I will say that this book was a bit repetitive at times with dialogue and thoughts from these characters, and that got to be a bit old. There were also a few things that I had some issues with personally when it came to Adam and his ex-girlfriends as well as Paige and the guys she had been with as well. Though they weren't deal breakers for me, they were things that kept me from absolutely loving the story. I also didn't really understand why Paige seemed to hate Adam so bad or feel so strongly against him when she was the one who wanted them to be a one night stand to begin with, but I have a feeling it was more that she was mad at herself because she couldn't forget about him. It was a bit frustrating as a reader though to see her not liking Adam to begin with for no real reason. I still liked this story a lot though, and it was great to see more of my favorite characters from this series. If you like NA books, I definitely recommend this series. Paige in Progress was a good addition and I look forward to reading more from Brighton Walsh in the future.

**ARC Provided by Bocci PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes |





0 comments :

Post a Comment