in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

ARC Review: Mercy by M.N. Forgy


Mercy is the second book in the Sin City Outlaws series by M.N. Forgy. This book is not a standalone and should only be read after Reign as it continues Jillian and Zeek's story. After the cliffhanger in Reign, I couldn't wait to get my hands on Mercy! I really enjoyed getting more of Jillian and Zeek, and I think readers are really going to enjoy the conclusion to Zeek and Jillian's story. 

Mercy picks up right where Reign left off. Zeek and Jillian are on the run following the murder of her father. Zeek knows that if they are found, they will both be killed. Jillian is used to relying on the law and thinks that they need to turn themselves in. But neither of them know exactly who they can trust. Used to living on opposite sides of the law, both Zeek and Jillian can't fight the connection they share and both will have to step outside their comfort zones if they want to be together and stay alive. 

I love Zeek and Jillian together. These two are so different, and yet the connection between them is so strong! Zeek is so tough, so it was great to see him here with Jillian. She brought out this whole other side to him that was so unlike what he has ever been like before. Jillian is just as strong and tough as Zeek, but in a completely different way. She thought that cops were good and serving justice, and when faced with the reality that they aren't always like that she struggled. She didn't want to believe Zeek, and yet she had to face that he was right and things weren't always as she had thought they were. As much as both of them had tried to fight what was developing between them, their connection and feelings were undeniable. 

Overall, this was a great ending to their story. I really enjoyed seeing how things would play out for them, and this one kept me on the edge of my seat from start to finish. I will say that Jillian annoyed me a bit at the beginning of this book though. While I understood how big of an adjustment her situation was to everything she knew, she came off as pretty naive. She just couldn't seem to grasp the fact that cops she knew could be dirty and I just had such a hard time believing that anyone could continue to fight that when there was so much evidence to the contrary. It was still a really great story though, and one I would definitely recommend. Reign and Mercy were a lot of fun to read, and I look forward to more from M.N. Forgy.

**ARC Provided by TRSOR Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N





1 comments :

  1. I had a great time reading Reign and was so into it that when it came to an abrupt end I was shocked! Can't wait to get my hands on Mercy and see how it ends!

    ReplyDelete