in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, April 9, 2016

ARC Review: Remembering Everly by J.L. Berg


Remembering Everly is the second book in the Lost & Found series by J.L. Berg. This is the continuation of August and Everly's story and cannot be read without having read Forgetting August first. If you haven't read that book yet, you will need to start there and should beware of possible spoilers in this review. 

After waking up from a two year coma, August is left with little to no memories of his past. As he tries to piece together his memories, the one thing he knows is that Everly is the love of his life. But something happened in their past that has changed Everly from loving him the same way to him being the man that she hates. Not only does Everly want nothing more than to move on, but she has found the man to help her do that in her fiance Ryan. But August is determined to not only win Everly back, but to be the man that she once loved before everything went wrong. However his past has other plans for him, and it could ruin his chances with Everly once and for all.

I had really liked both August and Everly in the first book, and unfortunately I lost a bit of that here. August and Everly still had something between them that nothing could take away from them, but I felt like we really weren't able to connect to them as we could in the first book due to some of their actions here. I didn't like the fact that these two spent so much time apart and that Ryan and Magnolia seemed to be used as plot devices here. It just didn't feel genuine to me, especially where Magnolia was concerned. 

I also had a really tough time getting through this book. It was slow and boring for much of the book and I lost interest early on. I just struggled to get into the story here when I had been so excited after that cliffhanger in Forgetting August. I couldn't wait to see what would happen next, and unfortunately a lot of nothing happened here and what did was predictable. I really felt like we got lost in the bland and mundane details of these two going through the motions and this book just felt like all filler. I would gladly have had one solid book that was a bit longer than to see what happened here. There were some things that were resolved far too easily to be realistic, while other things would drag and take forever with the amount of back and forth. Overall, this one just wasn't for me. I have absolutely loved J.L. Berg's in the past and I know this won't be the last I read from her. Unfortunately this one just fell flat after all the promise from Forgetting August and I was disappointed with Remembering Everly.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment