in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, March 5, 2017

ARC Review: Ripple Effect by Keri Lake


It's really difficult to give this book an accurate numerical rating. It is really short, maybe 100 pages. And nothing about it feels like a complete book. We meet Dylan and Rip, get just a tiny bit of info about them and then it's on to part 2 which wasn't out yet. So, what I did was judge this book by the quality of the writing and the story the author is telling. 

Dylan was not at all what I was expecting. She is 17 years old. She is a foster child bounce around who also happens to be a mathematical genius. She's got a  dog who she loves and a foster sister who she tries her best not to love. Her life is total and complete trash and it just gets worse. Through it all, Dylan has somehow developed the fierceness of a fighter and is determined to survive no matter what.

Enter Rip. Rip is an extremely dark character. He is a stone cold killer of the blood and gore variety. Rip actually meets Dylan when he plans to kill the person she is with and then her. It doesn't quite work out that way. Instead Rip is intrigued by all the things that make Dylan a unique character. Rip seems almostt more interested in finding out how Dylan might survive than in killing her.

This isn't really a book where there is romance. Dylan is attracted to Rip but I'm not sure how he feels about her. Plus, Dylans life is in such tatters, she doesn't really have space to fall in love. So I get to the end of the book and I'm just not totally sure how I feel. I can tell you the writing is excellent and based on what I read in this installment, I'll definitely be reading the next book.

**ARC provided by Ardent PRose**

Purchase: | Amazon |


0 comments :

Post a Comment