in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

ARC Review: The Rivalry by Nikki Sloane


I am a huge fan of Nikki Sloane and sports romance stories, so when I found out she was writing one I couldn't have been more excited. I enjoyed this one every bit as much as I have everything else I have read from Nikki, and I loved seeing her write something a bit different. This still had plenty of steam and everything else I enjoy in her books, but it was new and fresh as well. 

Kayla and Jay meet and instantly hit it off. But as good as they are together, Kayla is a cheerleader for Ohio and Jay is a football player for Michigan. Being a die-hard fan, Kayla finds it hard to get past Jay's team. But can a connection like theirs work when they are rivals? 

Being that these characters were a bit younger than those from Nikki's previous books, there was a bit more angst here than normally in her books. I didn't mind it though, and the chemistry between these two was strong and easy to get lost in. I liked that Jay pursued Kayla and didn't give up on her. As much as I enjoyed Kayla keeping Jay on his toes, she did irritate me after awhile with some of what she put him through. I feel like part of this was due to the age of the characters. Jay was the highlight of the story though. He was great and I couldn't get enough of his charming personality. He was sexy and sweet and I really liked him. 

Overall, this was a really good story and I enjoyed it a lot. At this point I would read pretty much anything from Nikki Sloane. She is a great writer and one that has yet to disappoint me. I think readers who like Nikki's books will enjoy this one, and those that haven't read her before should definitely give this one a shot. This book has steam and is an entertaining story that will appeal to fans of romance stories of several genres.

**ARC Provided by L. Woods PR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes




0 comments :

Post a Comment