in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, September 13, 2014

ARC Review: Chasing the Sun by Nikki Mathis Thompson


Chasing the Sun is a novella in Nikki Mathis Thompson's Rebound series. This novella is Ian's story and can easily be read as a standalone. I had never read any of the other books in this series and had no problem getting into this story. I really enjoyed Ian's story, and I definitely want to go back and read the others after this one though.

After having his heart broken when the girl he loved chose someone else, Ian Radcliffe heads out of town to throw himself into his work. A few months away is just what he needs. Ian heads to a local bar where he meets a sassy bartender named Trey. They instantly hit it off and begin to form a strong friendship. They are also both attracted to one another and after Ian loses his dog Ruby, Trey offers him a night to forget it all. Despite their night together, they both struggle with taking their relationship beyond friendship and decide not to pursue anything. When Ian meets local singer Rory, he finds himself attracted to her as well and they begin to see one another. But things quickly get complicated when Ian struggles to put his feelings for Trey aside, and he can't help but feel jealous at the thought of her with anyone else. Can Ian figure out which girl he belongs with or will neither of them be the girl for him? And what happens when his project is done and he is set to return home and must leave both girls behind?

I really liked Ian. He was really sweet and had a great sense of humor. He was sexy and confident despite being left by the woman he thought was the one for him. I loved how caring he was, and it was so adorable how much he loved his dog Ruby and made her his priority. I thought that Ian had great chemistry with Trey and they were a match on all levels. These two just seemed made for each other, and I loved their banter. Trey was so great. She was one of those cool chicks that you would love to hang out with in real life. Smart and sassy, she was comfortable in her own skin and it showed. I loved her from the start, and was rooting for her the whole way through. I didn't really care for Rory. There was nothing bad about her, but there was nothing to really like either. She just seemed to be a place holder and time killer for Ian, and I didn't feel a connection between them at all. She was just sort of blah to me and I couldn't wait to get through her parts and back to Trey.

Overall, I think that this was a really good quick romance. I loved seeing Ian heal from his heartbreak and finally begin to move on. He deserved someone that would love him above all others, and I think that he ended up where he should have. Chasing the Sun was really entertaining, and I found myself swooning from the sweetness as well as laughing out loud. If you are looking for a great way to spend a few hours, I would definitely recommend this story. I look forward to reading more from Nikki Mathis Thompson in the future and can't wait to read the rest of this series.

**ARC Provided by Inkslinger PR**

Purchase: | Amazon |





0 comments :

Post a Comment