in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

ARC Review: You Loved Me At My Darkest by Evie Harper


Wow I had no idea what to expect with this book, but I absolutely loved it. I can't believe that You Loved Me At My Darkest is Evie Harper's debut novel. This story blew me away, and was just the book that I had been waiting for to pull me out of the slump I have been in lately. This book was dark and had things that might be triggers for some people, so proceed with caution and make sure that you see if this book is for you before reading. But I definitely recommend this book, and I really think it is worth the read.

After losing their parents at a young age, Lily and Sasha only have each other to rely on. They finally find time to leave their farm in Australia and do some traveling to see the world. Their first stop is New York, and as they spend time in the city Lily gets the feeling that she is being watched. When Lily and Sasha are kidnapped, they are taken to an unknown location where Sasha becomes a slave to be auctioned off the highest bidder while Lily earns a place among the Collection. Everything about escape seems impossible, but Lily is determined to figure out a way for her and her sister to return home. As Lily adjusts to her new life and begins to form a plan, she never expects to fall for her guard Jake. Lily's feelings confuse her, but she finds herself putting her trust in him and seeing a side to him that he doesn't allow anyone else to see. But can Lily make it out of this place alive and what happens for her and Jake if she does?

I really loved Jake! I fell for this sexy and mysterious man pretty much from the very beginning, and I thought that he was so interesting. You could really see the struggle that he was dealing with between his job and his growing feelings for Lily. It was clear that there was more to him than met the eye, and I loved every little bit that was revealed along the way. He was the hope and light that Lily needed along the way, and I thought that he was always looking out for her. He did whatever he could to protect her. Lily was strong, and she was a survivor. She was also really loyal and would do anything for those she loved. She was protective of her sister, and you could tell that her sister was always her priority. But I loved seeing her form this bond with Jake and really start to see him for the real person that he was beneath the facade that he had to keep in place. You could tell that Jake was such a dedicated soldier to Marco at first, but Lily changed that from the moment that Jake set eyes on her. The chemistry between these two was off the charts, and they were so hot together.

Overall, this story was fantastic. It was everything I had hoped for and more. It was unique and different and I was so excited to read something completely unlike anything I had read before. I was sucked in right from the start, and absolutely devoured this story. I will admit that I did see part of the twist coming, but I definitely didn't have everything figured out. I loved that it kept me guessing and that it was unpredictable. This book was so good, and an absolute must read. I really think that if you go into this one knowing that it is dark and isn't for the faint of heart expecting sweet romance and flowers, that you will really enjoy this story and find it as captivating and enthralling as I did. I absolutely cannot wait to get more from Evie Harper in the future and I look forward to the next two books in this series.

**ARC Provided by Book Empire Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N |





1 comments :