in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

ARC Review: Master Over You by Cerys Du Lys and Ethan Winters


I can honestly say that I don't even really know where to begin with this review. This book was unlike anything I have ever read before, and it was definitely kind of weird. Readers should take the warning seriously, because this book is definitely darker than your typical romance and does have some things that will bother the squeamish. This was my first book by Cerys Du Lys and Ethan Winters, and I am not sure if I would read more from them in the future or not.

Noah is in the business of kidnapping women, breaking them down, and then selling them. When Noah gets a new order from a man wanting a very specific type of girl he sets out to find Chastity White. While in the process of fulfilling his order, Noah and Chastity White get kidnapped by a woman named Angeline. The book continues with Noah trying to figure out how and why he was kidnapped, and what Angeline wants from him.

I actually liked Noah. I thought that he was funny and straight up honest, and he didn't make excuses for the things he did. I found myself not caring what he did, because he was just one of those characters that you start to root for. Angeline was crazy. I found her really confusing and I didn't understand her. She was constantly vague and it was hard for me to relate to her at all. She was just odd. While this book had sex, I didn't really think it was sexy. It was definitely not your hearts and flowers type of book and I didn't expect it to be, but I did think that the physical stuff would have made me feel differently than I did.  I think maybe it was just that this book was so strange and so were the characters.

I did think that this book was slow, and it was really hard for me to get into. There were a lot of time that I wanted to skim or stop reading altogether because I found myself bored. Part of that was that it was really confusing at times. I had no idea what was going on and nothing seemed to make sense. Even as we started to get more of the story there were times that things were just hard to figure out. I also felt like the dialogue was often repetitive, and it started to irritate me. I felt like there were several sentences and whole paragraphs that could have been taken out, and it would have made for a better story. I did like that we get multiple POVs though, and I thought that it was interesting to get to see into all of their minds. Cerys did Angeline's POV and Ethan did Noah's POV, while they both collaborated on Chastity's POV. I thought that they did a good job of blending their writing styles together to make a cohesive story. I just don't know that this book is for me, or that I would enjoy others by them. I still don't know exactly what to think about what I just read, and it is hard to put into words. This book won't be for everyone, and if you are considering reading it I would definitely recommend that you read and listen to the warning.

**ARC Provided by Xpresso Book Tours**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle |





1 comments :

  1. Huh this sounds like it wouldn't be for everyone for sure but I love darker books like these so I do think I'd like it! And Noah sounds like a real, honest, and no-bullshit kind of guy which is awesome! Great review, hun! :)

    ReplyDelete