in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, April 9, 2015

ARC Review: Everything Has Changed by Mia Kayla


Everything Has Changed is the second book that I have read by Mia Kayla, and it is my favorite of hers so far! This book was really cute, and I loved Bliss and Jimmy so much. I am such a sucker for a good friends to lovers story, and these two had been friends since they were children. There was so much between them, and I adored their connection.

Bliss "Boo" Carrington had been in love with her best friend Jimmy for years. She was now in law school and he was a top NFL quarterback, but she knew him before any of that. Bliss has never been able to tell Jimmy how she feels though, because she fears it will destroy their friendship. Little does she know that Jimmy has always loved her also, but that he refuses to let anything happen between them for his own reasons. But when Bliss finally decides that she can no longer be just friends with him while he is off with other women, will it finally be what they both need to take a chance on a relationship together?

I really loved Bliss and Jimmy. These two had such history between them, and I loved that they had been best friends pretty much their whole lives. They knew each other better than anyone else, and had seen every side of each other. The love between them was deep and pure, and I thought that their foundation was rock solid. Jimmy struggled with some fears and insecurities due to his father and his mother though, and that really held him back. He was scared to turn out like his father, and that was something that Bliss tried to help him with. She did what she could to try and convince him that he was nothing like his father, but it wasn't easy. Bliss also had a few issues, and she didn't think that Jimmy or anyone like him would ever see her like other girls. It was so good to see her finally begin to realize that she was what Jimmy wanted all along and that he cared for her just as much as she cared for him. These two had a great connection and a ton of history, but I really enjoyed seeing them begin to explore the chemistry and attraction between them as well.

Overall, this story was great. I loved Jimmy and Bliss. They were sweet together, and I liked how well they knew one another. They were the perfect match for one another, and it was clear that they had always been meant to be together. I do think that things between them progressed pretty slowly, and I wish that things had been a little quicker between them. While I enjoy a slow burn, I wanted to see more of them together and I felt the ending was a bit rushed once they had finally figured things out. It would have been nice to see a bit down the road for them and how things ended up. I really enjoyed this story though, and I didn't want to put it down. Jimmy and Bliss were entertaining, and I know that these two will be ones that I love for a long time to come. I look forward to reading more from Mia Kayla in the future. If you are looking for a sweet contemporary friends to lovers story, I would definitely recommend giving this one a shot!

**ARC Provided by Author**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N |






0 comments :

Post a Comment