in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Audiobook Review: Macrieve by Kresley Cole, Narrated by Robert Petkoff


Let start by saying that I love this series. Seriously, it's one of my favorites. That being said this book, yeah it wasn't my favorite. I've actually had this book since it came out but just haven't had a chance to read it and honestly I hadn't heard the best of things about it. Now I can see why. Don't get me wrong, this book is in no way awful but Macrieve, yeah it was hard to like him.

The first part of the book I loved. It was quintessential Kresley Cole. It was witty, sexy and action packed--everything that I've come to expect and love about this series. And then we find out what Chloe is and the book just takes a dive. From then on I found myself cringing and really just not liking Macrieve at all.

Don't get me wrong, I completely sympathize with him and the things that happened to him were awful and gut wrenching to read but it was difficult to get behind him and like him as a hero when he treats Chloe like crap. At times it was hard to listen to because he was just so awful to her. Honestly, I really don't know how she was able to overcome some of the things he said to her and the way he treated her.

As for Chloe I really truly adored her. She's spunky and witty and she doesn't take Macrieve's crap. I like that she was strong and not a push over, especially since Macrieve was such an ass for most of the book.

I will say that when these two were good, they were really good. They were hot together and the sparks just sizzled between them. It's just hard for me to get past the way Macrieve was for most of the book.

One thing I will say is that I thoroughly enjoyed meeting Macrieve's clan. I laughed quite a few times at their antics and I loved the way they accepted Chloe. I can't wait to read more of them in future books.

Let me just say that Robert Petkoff is freaking amazing I think he's hands down my favorite narrator ever. He just brings something to each story and each character. I don't know how he's able to make everyone their own but it does it flawlessly. I am definitely on the lookout for more books with his narration because he is a genius and I just need more.

**Audiobook provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Audiobook | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes |


0 comments :

Post a Comment