in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, September 15, 2014

Review: Honey Whiskey by Carina Adams


Honey Whiskey is the second book in the Bastards MC series by Carina Adams, and is the continuing story of Jo and Matty. I would definitely recommend that you read the first book Always Been Mine before you read Honey Whiskey so that you can get the full back story on the characters and see everything that has happened in their past. I think that both books are worth the read and that you will not want to miss out on any part of what happens for these two characters. If you haven't read the first book, beware of possible spoilers in this review.

Jo Walker and Matt Murphy have been in love with each other for years. Far longer than they should have been, but their friendship grew and changed as their lives did. Matt is a member of the Bastards MC and lives two separate lives. He has never had any regrets about his life except for when he left Jo behind. After everything they had been through, they walked away from one another even though it killed them both. With more secrets between them than truths, there were things that Matt thought that he could never tell Jo. But as they try to continue with their lives, fate has other plans and continues to bring them together. But in order for them to fully be together, Matt must decide if he can finally tell Jo everything. And what happens when Jo finally knows the truth about everything?

I really liked both Jo and Matt. I know that their relationship didn't start off the best in the first book, but life is messy and you don't always control who you fall in love with. I think that the attraction and bond between these two was so strong, and they were meant to be together. It was always clear to me that these two belonged to one another, but that life and outside influences had a way of screwing things up for them. It was hard to read parts of this book, because you could see how much each of these characters were hurting. They had already been through so much, and yet they continued to get dealt some really bad deals and I just wanted them to work everything out between them. I think that both Jo and Matt really grew a lot over the course of the two books, and were able to find out a lot about themselves and each other. Even when they did things that I didn't agree with or like, I really felt like their feelings for one another never went away and that they were true and real. I could not get enough of these two together, and they were so hot together.

Overall, I thought that this was a really good follow up to the first book. While I liked the characters and enjoyed getting more of them, there were a few things that kept this one from being five stars for me. I felt like these two took a really long time to figure things out, and at times their decisions seemed to just be on repeat. They would do the same things over and over that would drive me nuts and I just wanted to shake them both and tell them to be honest with one another and just have a conversation without freaking out or running away. I also felt like this book focused a lot more on the goings on of the club, and the relationship between Jo and Matt got a bit lost in all the details and action. I wanted more of those two rather that all the rest of the characters. I did like that this book gave us multiple POVs though. I felt like it really added a lot to this story, and it was great as a reader to see what both Jo and Matt were going through and their thoughts on everything that was happening. I really loved the friendship that developed between Jo and Rocker in this story. She needed someone really badly at times throughout this book, and I liked that Rocker was able to be that person for her. I can't wait to get to know him better in the next book, and see what happens with him. I would definitely recommend these books, and I think that while you get that MC feel that these are completely different than most other MC stories that I have ever read. I will definitely read more from Carina Adams in the future, and look forward to Rocker's story next.

**Review Copy Provided by Between the Sheets Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N |





0 comments :

Post a Comment