in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, January 4, 2015

ARC Review: Chasing Temptation by Joya Ryan


Chasing Temptation is the second book in the Chasing Love series by Joya Ryan. Each book can be read as a standalone novel with interconnected characters. I hadn't read the first book in the series, but I didn't have any problems understanding this one. While I was really looking forward to this book since it was one of my favorite tropes, this one was just okay. There were a few things I liked, but it ended up not being what I had hoped for.

Penny Diamond is tired of being the good girl that has no social life. She had one bad sexual experience years ago with her ex, but since then her brother has kept away all the guys that had any possibility. Now she has set her sights on the one man that she has always wanted, her brother's best friend Sebastian Strafford. Sebastian doesn't do relationships, and he has been fighting his attraction to his best friend's little sister Penny for as long as he can remember. But when Penny sets out to seduce him, he decides that it is better for it to be him than some other guy. They agree to two weeks (Sebastian's normal terms) in which they will explore their desires and Sebastian will teach Penny about sex, before walking away and returning to friends only. But soon they are both falling for each other and finding themselves in unfamiliar territory. But will their new feelings be enough to risk everything for a chance at a real relationship?

While I liked both Sebastian and Penny, I didn't really connect with them. For me, we never really got to see the emotional connection between them. This story was primarily about their physical connection, and while I enjoy a good sex scene as much as the next girl, I felt like that was all we got from these two. Yes they were super hot and the chemistry was off the charts, but I felt like we didn't ever really get to know them that well. Penny was always asking to get to know Sebastian, and it pretty much never happened. We got a few details here and there, but for the most part it was either them getting down, or Sebastian brooding. I was excited to see them take things to the next level and I thought that this one was going to be very interesting considering Sebastian's penchant for control and rough sex combined with Penny being known as a good girl. But unfortunately, it just didn't ever really click for me. If felt like something was missing, and I really believe that it was that I just didn't buy the emotional connection between them.

While I did have problems with this story, I thought that Joya Ryan did a great job with the steamy scenes in this book. They were well written and extremely hot, and I thought that she really showed the passion and desire between Sebastian and Penny. I was just looking for something more though, and I wanted to see their feelings really start to show and make the sex between them that much more deep and meaningful. I think that if you are looking for a sexy story though, this one definitely delivers there. Fans of the first book will enjoy seeing familiar faces and getting to know these characters better. I am interested to go back and read the first story to see how Colt and Jenna got together since this story centered around them getting married. I will give Joya Ryan's books a shot again in the future, and hope that I can connect with other characters of hers better than I did in this one.

**ARC Provided by Entangled Publishing**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Book Depository |





0 comments :

Post a Comment