in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, May 11, 2014

ARC Review: Highway Don't Care by Lani Lynn Vale


I went into Highway Don't Care by Lani Lynn Vale without having read the first book in the series, so I really had no idea what to expect or what these characters were like. This book being the second in the Freebirds series, the characters already had established relationships between them. I might not have known everyone right off or how the relationships were, but it didn't take me long to figure things out. I really didn't have any problems reading this one as a standalone, but I will admit that I want to go back now and read the first book. I am sure that it would give me a much better idea of all the backgrounds on the characters and how they were all interconnected. I really enjoyed this book though, so not only do I want to go back and read Cheyenne and Sam's story, but I also want to read about Ember's brother Max in the next book as well.

Gabe and Ember both have had feelings for each other for awhile, but neither of them has done anything about it. They not only haven't told each other that they like each other, but they have barely ever spoken. One night when Ember is attacked, her first reaction is to turn to Gabe for help. After finding out that Ember is in danger from a local gang, he decides that Ember will stay with him while they find those responsible for hurting her and makes them pay. Ember and Gabe quickly realize that they have a very strong connection between them and there is no way that either of them will let go of the other. But the local gang isn't the only obstacle that they have to face. When Gabe's crazy ex-girlfriend shows back up, they find themselves with a battle they never expected. Can Gabe and Ember escape danger and the obstacles in their way and have a future together?

I loved Gabe! He was a sexy possessive alpha who looks out for those that he loves. You could tell that he would do absolutely anything for those that he cared about. He was so protective and I loved that he was able to open up to Ember. It was great to see such a manly man that wasn't afraid to admit his feelings or show Ember that he really cared about her. Ember was feisty and snarky, and I loved her quick wit. She was so much fun to root for, and I really loved her friendship with Cheyenne. I thought that she was the perfect match for Gabe, and they were exactly what the other needed. They complimented each other so well, that there was no doubt that they belonged together. I loved how they supported each other and were always there for each other. They weren't afraid to tell the other the truth and give them a push when they needed it. They also had smoking hot chemistry and absolutely steamed up my Kindle!

Overall, I was really surprised how much I enjoyed this book and can't believe that I hadn't heard of Lani Lynn Vale before. Vale might have been a new to me author before, but I can't wait to read more from her in the future. I really liked this story and I love the characters. These are not your typical heroes and heroines, and I loved how unique and real they all were. I loved watching them all interact, and I liked that they were such a tight group. They were all there for each other, and they had a great camaraderie between them. I think that this book is one that a lot of romance fans will really enjoy, and I would highly recommend that you read this if you are looking for some sexy scenes, alpha heroes, and just the right amount of action! This one grabbed my attention right from the start and didn't let go until the very end. I loved Vale's writing style, and thought that the story flowed so well that I had a tough time putting it down because I just wanted to keep reading and was lost in the story. I will definitely be reading more from Vale in the future!

**Copy provided by Dreams Come True Promotions**

Purchase: Amazon | Kindle | B&N |



0 comments :

Post a Comment