in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, June 5, 2014

ARC Review: Hiring the Player by Allie K. Adams


Hiring the Player is the second story in the Campus Players series by Allie K. Adams. This is another short read and is only about 170 pages long. This New Adult read starts when Kayla is dumped by her boyfriend just a few weeks before her college graduation. Suddenly alone with all her plans shattered, Kayla turns to her sexy neighbor Jake when she comes across him in a bar one night. They had previously hooked up, and it took her months to get over him the first time. She decides to have fun with him for the night. But when her apartment gets set on fire, she and Jake are left with the only option of becoming roommates in another apartment building. Kayla's friends make an agreement with Jake that they will cover part of his portion of the rent if he will help give Kayla some fun. But soon their passion and feelings are more than just him helping to loosen her up a bit. Can they turn the fun and sex into a real relationship?

I liked Jake. He was sexy and sweet, and I loved that he was a firefighter. He was so particular when it came to everything being done correctly and about fire hazards, it was pretty cute. I liked that he was always open and honest about his feelings with Kayla. He was fun and brought out a whole different side to her. I liked them together a lot. Kayla was a bit uptight and she was scared to let anyone in. Even when Jake was being open with her and telling her how he felt, she would pick a fight or try to run. But I thought that they had a lot of chemistry together and were really hot. I liked seeing them figure things out between them and start a relationship together.

Overall, this was a short and fun read. Even though the characters had known each other for awhile, they weren't close and I felt like their relationship was rushed. It was a bit too insta-love to me considering Jake's transformation from player to serious boyfriend happened so quickly. I just felt like I had missed a huge portion of his transformation, and it didn't make sense that he would change so quickly even with his developing feelings for Kayla. I thought that there should have been more time from the start of things to the point where he is telling her he loves her. It was surprising to me to see him be the one admitting his feelings and wanting a commitment though. Usually it is the girl and the guy fights it, so that was interesting to see. I would recommend this story if you are looking for something quick and sexy that is fun and enjoyable. If you are looking for a deep connection though, I am not sure this one is for you. I did like the characters though, and will look for more from Allie K. Adams in the future.

**ARC Provided by Tasty Book Tours**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N |





1 comments :