in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, January 30, 2015

ARC Review: Slam by Holly S. Roberts


I am new to the Completion Series by Holly S. Roberts as well as her books, so I had no idea what to expect with this book. I knew that I really wanted to read it from the blurb and sexy cover though, and I am so glad that I gave it a shot. I really enjoyed this book, and I look forward to going back and reading more from this series.

Olivia Stradmore is the daughter of Senator Stradmore, and has dedicated her life to being the best tennis player she can be. With her next championship title approaching, she has time for little else besides practice. But when her stalker starts stepping up his game and threatens those around her, her father hires a security team to watch over her. When she first meets her new bodyguard Brack Jacobs, she finds him to be uptight even if he is hot. But the longer they are forced to be together, the more she wants Brack. Brack has no intentions of sleeping with Olivia while she is his job though and continues to reject her advances. But as things get more dangerous with her stalker, Brack finds it harder to turn her away. Soon Brack and Olivia find themselves wondering not only what the future holds for their relationship, but if they will survive long enough to take a shot at a future together.

I really liked Brack. He was sexy and alpha, and super hot! He was playful and funny with Olivia, and yet he would do whatever it took to keep her safe. I loved his little endearments for her, and I thought it was really cute he was never that formal with her. Though he tried to keep things professional and fought what was between them, he could never just call her by her name and I loved that. Olivia was a wild child, and she made no apologies for that. I thought that she was fun and feisty, and I loved that while she was so dedicated to being the best player on the courts that she was so different off of them. It was kind of nice to see the girl be the one pushing for sex and not ashamed of her desires in a book rather than just the hero. I liked that Brack made Olivia work for it though, and that he wanted more than just sex. These two had a ton of chemistry, and it was great to see the tension build between them. But I also really liked getting to see more develop between them as well.

Overall, this was a really good story and Brack and Olivia were hot together. I loved that they were so compatible on every level, and their story was a lot of fun to read. I loved the banter between them and I loved their sexy scenes. But I think that what made this book so good was that there was more than just the physical between them and it was just a well rounded story. I liked Holly's writing style a lot, and found it easy to get lost in the story. While I really liked this one, I will say that at first Olivia came off as sort of an immature brat and I was worried that she would be too annoying to like. But she won me over, and I really liked seeing how she changed as she grew closer to Brack. I am looking forward to reading more from Holly S. Roberts in the future, and I can't wait to read more in this series.

**ARC Provided by Enticing Journey Book Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N |





1 comments :