in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Review: The Deal by Elle Kennedy


The Deal is one of those books that I had heard so many good things about that I was kind of afraid to start reading it. I get a little worried when a book has so much hype, because I am always scared that it won't live up to it. That was absolutely not the case with Elle Kennedy's The Deal though, and it is one of my top reads for 2015 as well as one of my favorite New Adult books ever! There was not a single thing that I didn't love about this book. If you read NA, you absolutely have to read The Deal. 

Hannah Wells is surprised to finally have found a guy that makes her hot after a horrible incident in her past. The only problem is that he has no idea she's alive. When the star of the hockey team Garrett Graham asks for her help, at first she says no. But when he figures out that she is hot for a football player, he proposes a deal where in exchange for tutoring he will pretend date her to get her crush to notice her. Hannah finally agrees, and she begins spending more time with Garrett in order to help him pass their midterm. But soon they are both starting to feel the lines blur between pretend and real, and Garrett starts to realize that he needs to convince her that what she really wants is him. 

I loved Garrett so much. This guy is sexy and charming, and just cocky enough to make him likable without being an arrogant jerk. He might be the star of the hockey team, but he isn't some dumb jock. Garrett is super smart and I really liked that he got really good grades with the exception of a few of his classes that he struggled with. He showed that he was more than just a pretty face that could handle himself on the ice. But what I loved most about Garrett was how he was with Hannah. He was persistent, patient, and super supportive of her. He realized that she had some issues and he really helped her to face them and move forward. Hannah was great also. She was smart and witty, and I loved how quick she was. She made Garrett work for it and was able to keep up with everything he threw her way. These two were so much fun to read about, because their banter was amazing and the tension between them was off the charts. You just knew that things were bound to explode sooner or later with the crazy chemistry they had going on. 

Overall, this book was amazing and I can't say enough good things about it. It really had everything that you could possibly want in an entertaining romance story and I could not put it down. I loved Hannah and Garrett, and I don't think I will ever be over these two. I didn't want the book to end because I was having such a good time reading about them. I am super excited to read more in this series though, and I can't wait to get to know some of the other hockey guys better. Garrett's best friend Logan is up next, and I am definitely looking forward to seeing more of him. This book is a must read to me if you are a fan of romance, the new adult genre, or sexy hockey players. It is a great story and I think this one will appeal to anyone who wants a book that they can laugh out loud with and that has unique characters. Trust me you will not be disappointed with this one.

**Review Copy Provided by Author**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment