in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, July 10, 2015

ARC Review: Fighting Shadows by Aly Martinez


Fighting Shadows is the second book in the On The Ropes series by Aly Martinez. This book can be read as a standalone, but I would recommend reading Fighting Silence first. In Fighting Silence you get to know not only Till and Eliza's story, but it also really sets up Flint's story for Fighting Shadows. This is one series that while they are standalones, I think it gives the reader full enjoyment to read these in order in my opinion. 

After saving the life of the woman he loved but couldn't have, Flint Page was left paralyzed and living in a wheelchair. Flint knew his life changed when he saved Eliza's, and he also knew that he couldn't continue to see her with his brother everyday. In order to escape his misery, he left his family behind and decided to go to college. He knew he needed a clean break to have a shot at becoming himself again rather than the bitter person he had turned into. Then Flint met Ash Mabie, and everything began to change. As Flint and Ash grew closer, he began to really live again. But falling for the girl who has a tendency of running will force Flint to fight his past as well as fight for his future with Ash. 

I knew this one was going to be rough at times after reading Fighting Silence. Flint had experienced a lot of really tough things, and I felt like his heart couldn't withstand much else. So when I saw him at the beginning of this book my heart absolutely broke for him. He was angry and bitter, but he was clearly hurting and to go it all alone really got to me. Then he met Ash, and things started to turn around. I knew that it wouldn't be that simple though, and their relationship proved to be far from easy. But Flint deserved happiness so much, and I knew that he could have that with Ash. These two were great for each other, and the more I saw them together the more I knew they had to wind up together. Ash was hard for me to warm up to, and I will admit that she really made me angry a few times in this book. But growing up as she did, I really believed that she was just trying to protect herself and she didn't know how to handle things the best. I believe that she really loved Flint though, and that went a long way for me. These two had such a strong connection and chemistry, and I think that with everything that they had each been through they just weren't prepared for what they found at such a young age.

Overall, I really enjoyed this story. It frustrated me at times and broke my heart at others, but it was a book that I felt emotionally invested in right from the start. I loved getting to see more of Till and Eliza, and I really loved their book. But there was something really special about Flint and Ash, and I hadn't expected to feel as much for them as I had with Till and Eliza. I was so wrong, and I think that Aly Martinez did a great job of showing that these characters were unique and different, and she made them impossible not to fall for. I can honestly say that I am dying to get Q's book though. I have a feeling his might be the most emotional story of them all, and I cannot wait to see what is in store for him. I would recommend this book if you are an Aly Martinez fan, and if you aren't a fan yet, I think that this series is definitely a good place to start!

**ARC Provided by TRSOR Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes |





0 comments :

Post a Comment