in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, July 10, 2015

ARC Review: To Tempt a Seal by Sara Jane Stone


To Tempt a Seal was a short and sexy read from Sara Jane Stone. It is the first book in her Sin City SEALs series, and it can be read as a standalone. This one was a quick and easy read, and I liked the characters. That being said, I did have a few things that I would have liked to have seen done differently though and that is why this one was good not great in my opinion. 

After a tough childhood and living her life with the constant looks that her scars seem to attract, Lucia Lewis heads to Las Vegas in order to fulfill her fantasies. She is attending a masquerade ball for a restaurant opening, and thinks it will be the perfect night to achieve her desires with a stranger who never has to see what her face really looks like. When she meets the sexy Navy SEAL Cade Daniels, she knows she is in for the night of her life. Cade and Lucia instantly hit it off, and the chemistry between them is off the charts. But Cade is in Vegas on a mission for his best friend, to protect her little sister from making a huge mistake. Even though Cade promised to keep her out of trouble and keep his hands off her, he can't fight what is happening between him and Lucia. But can these two possibly have anything together when Lucia doesn't know the truth?

I liked these two characters. Cade was sweet and sexy, and I liked that he was so encouraging with Lucia. He showed her that she was beautiful inside and out, and that her scars didn't change who she was. He was great with her, and I liked how he didn't pity her. Lucia was easy to like, and I felt bad for her because of all that she had been through. It wouldn't be an easy life to have such a prominently placed set of scars, and unfortunately some people treat others different because of that kind of thing. But Cade didn't even flinch, and it didn't change the way he viewed her at all. Besides her appearance, Lucia was a strong and successful woman and I really liked that she was so creative and helpful to others. It was good to see her gain more confidence in her physical appearance as well, and I think that her growth was great to watch. Cade and Lucia had chemistry right away, and these two were extremely hot together. I do feel like their emotional connection felt rushed though, and I would have liked to have seen them connecting more than just physically most of the time.

Besides the relationship being so rushed for these two, (we are talking love in a matter of days), I thought that the ending was a bit predictable and cheesy. I thought that once the truth came out Lucia forgave both Cade and her sister far too easily. There seemed to be no real fallout, and I just found that to be unrealistic. Things were all tied up with a neat bow, and I was hoping and expecting more than that. I still think that these characters were great, but their story could have been better, especially when it came to the ending. I would read more from Sara Jane Stone though, and I think that if you are looking for a short and sexy story this might be one worth looking into.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Book Depository | iTunes | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment