in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, July 9, 2015

ARC Review: Inevitable by C.A. Harms


Inevitable is the second book in the Key West Series by C.A. Harms, which is also a spin-off of her Southern Boys Series. Each book in this series can be read as a standalone, but they are interconnected. I would start at the beginning if possible, but it isn't necessary to understand this book. I honestly couldn't wait to get my hands on Harper's story after seeing more of her in Jett's book, Unpredictable. 

Harper isn't looking for a serious relationship. Between her past and her focus on her business, the arrangement she has with Ian is perfect. They see each other when they have time and fulfill each other's needs. But when Harper finds out that he has been lying to her and keeping secrets she ends things. Her brother Jett and his best friend Easton tried to warn her about Ian, so when she needs help she turns to Easton. Easton has always been attracted to Harper, yet he knew he needed to tread carefully because of Jett. But when Harper comes to him, he finds himself unable to stay away from her any longer. Soon Harper and Easton are spending more time together, and they find that they have a connection to each other they never expected. But when Easton's past threatens to ruin everything, Harper must decide if she can stand by him or if it is better to end things.  
I loved these two. Easton was sexy and confident, and I really loved his no-nonsense approach to life. He didn't try to BS Harper, and he wasn't afraid to let her know that he was interested in her. I loved that he told Jett how he felt and didn't shy away from going after Harper despite Jett's warnings. He was a really good guy, and it was so refreshing to see a man that was looking for more than just sex. He liked Harper for who she was, and even found her temper to be something that drew him in. Harper definitely had fire, and she was one of those feisty heroines that you can't help but love. She wasn't afraid to speak her mind, and I really enjoyed seeing her stand up to the men in her life when they deserved it. She understood that they were looking out for her, and yet she could take care of herself. These two were fun together, and they had a lot of heat between them too. 

Overall, this was another great story from C.A. Harms. I have become such a huge fan of hers, that every time I see she has a new release I jump at the chance to read it. C.A. Harms never disappoints, and I cannot recommend her books enough. I will say that while I loved this book, the one thing that kept this one from being a five star read for me was the conflict towards the end of the story. It wasn't anything new or original, and I have seen it more times than I can count in romance books and I just felt it was too predictable. I loved the way everything turned out though, and I really liked Easton and Harper. I am looking forward to the next book in this series, and I cannot wait to see what she has in store for all these characters next.

**ARC Provided by Enticing Journey Book Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Book Depository | 





0 comments :

Post a Comment