in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, September 3, 2015

ARC Review: Her Lucky Cowboy by Jennifer Ryan


Her Lucky Cowboy is my first book by Jennifer Ryan. While it is the third book in her Montana Men series, it can be read as a standalone with interconnected characters. There was a lot to like here, and I really enjoyed a lot about this book. There were however a few things that kept this one from being five stars for me. 

Dane Bowden only has to last eight seconds on the bull he is riding in order to win the championship so that he can fulfill his plans and retire from bull-riding and return home to his family's ranch. But the bull has other ideas, and although he wins, he finds himself once again saved by the angel that saved him as a child. With her in front of him once again, Dane realizes that she wasn't just an angel that disappeared. Now a doctor, Bell is the first to jump in when Dane is injured once again. Dane is determined to get to know Bell, as she has never been far from his mind and he was never able to forget her. But Bell is reluctant to let Dane close knowing that her inexperience and social awkwardness can't possibly compete with the many women Dane is used to seeing. But Dane's accident is a wake-up call for him, and he is ready to prove to Bell that the only woman he wants is her. Can she let him in and trust him enough to take a chance on something more? 

I liked both Dane and Bell. I thought that these two were great together and I loved their connection. Seeing them get to know one another and take things slowly was nice. Dane was patient and gave Bell time to adjust to something she had no experience with. Yet he also didn't let her avoid him or push him away like she tried to do. I was glad that he was persistent, and I think that was exactly what she needed. I loved seeing them figure things out, and they were really sweet with one another. Their feelings were genuine, and their connection was natural. They also had great chemistry, and the attraction between them was clear. 

I will say that this book was very slow and frustrating at times. Bell had a horrible upbringing, and that had a huge effect on her. She was awkward and didn't understand things that most of us take for granted. She had a lot of ground to make up, and sometimes that was very tough to get through. I wanted her to stop constantly doubting Dane and quit pushing him away. I do understand it, but as a reader sometimes it got old. I also didn't care for the fact that there were extra POVs in this story besides just Bell and Dane's. I felt like it was distracting and gave this book a disjointed feel. While I understood the reason behind it and that the conflict/drama was needed, I felt like this delivery method was not to my taste and I would have preferred something else. I did like the characters here though, and I am very interested in going back and reading the previous books. Jennifer Ryan might have been a new to me author, but I will be looking for more from her in the future. If you like sexy cowboys with your romance, this is definitely a book worth checking out. Bell and Dane were great, and I think that a lot of readers will really enjoy their story.

**ARC Provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | Book Depository | iTunes |





1 comments :

  1. She had me at the cover, but glad you liked the story! It's on my list!

    ReplyDelete