in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

ARC Review: Melting Point by Kate Meader


Pardon me while I drool over this cover…

Melting Point is Kate Meader’s second Hot in Chicago novella. If you have read the first book Flirting with Fire then you have read the intro to Gage and Brady’s love story, if you haven’t then there is a very nice in a nutshell telling of it, so it can be read as a stand-alone. I normally don’t read M/M romance, I just got burned out on it, unless I know and love the author. Having read the previous book and getting the sneak peek of these two, I could not resist this novella; and it is very well done. It is not erotica it’s not overly graphic, that’s one reason I like it, it leaves much to the imagination. It was perfect as a novella; Gage and Brady have way to much of a story for a side story but not enough for a full length book. At this length there is plenty of romance and heartache. Both Gage and Brady are delicious; each with something to hide and a lot to admit to before they can fully commit to a true relationship.

Gage loves being a fireman, and would be considered a ladies’ man if he swung that way, but his real passion is for cooking and when he met the tall, silent, and broody Brady he knows his days as the love ‘em and leave type are over. It was love at first sight for Brady as well but his past in the military traumatized him worse then he wants to admit. He started a fling with Gage but as an ‘I can touch you, you can’t touch me thing’ and when Gage acts first and kisses him, Brady freaks and calls things off. When their paths cross again they start off slow. Brady is afraid that he is too damaged for the happy go lucky Gage. Gage has a good façade going on, he knows he had it lucky growing up with the family he did, but before that he hides what happened. He was never able to be fully adopted because his birth mother wouldn’t let go and now that he has grown and she is suffering from Alzheimer’s he keeps going back to visit her hoping that one day she will remember him and apologize for her treatment of him as a child. It will take a lot of honesty and trust for Gage and Brady to finally get their HEA.

Overall, I had no doubt this would be a good one and I’m glad it didn’t disappoint. I absolutely love Gage and Brady.

**ARC provided by Publisher**

Purchase: | Amazon | B&N | iTunes |


1 comments :

  1. You describe it so that I really want to read it, too, Hannah. ;)

    ReplyDelete