in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, January 25, 2016

ARC Review: Defenseless by Corinne Michaels


Defenseless is the newest book in the Salvation Series by Corinne Michaels. While this book can be read as a standalone, I highly recommend reading the previous books in order to get full enjoyment as the focus of this story centers around discovering who is responsible for problems that Mark and the guys have been having throughout this series. Fans of the series will be relieved to know that this book does not contain a cliffhanger. 

As Jackson Cole's security company continues to be plagued with missing shipments and sabotage, Mark Dixon is more determined than ever to figure out who is behind it. Knowing he needs outside help, he goes to CIA agent Charlie Erickson for help. Having been removed from the case that has become her life, Charlie decides to continue working on it outside the agency. Though she doesn't fully trust him, she knows that Mark could help her find the man responsible for killing her father and sabotaging Mark's guys. But as the two try to get to the bottom of what is happening, the attraction between them threatens everything they are trying to accomplish. Both know that they should stay away from one another to avoid putting themselves in more danger, but they find it impossible to fight the chemistry between them.

I really liked Mark in the previous books, and I really loved him here. I have to say that sometimes Mark's over the top personality got to be a little much, and it was easy to see how Charlie could find him so exasperating. I love the guy, but he did have a problem being serious at times. I actually really loved it when he was serious though. As much as I enjoyed his charm and his joking around, I loved seeing how deep his feelings for Charlie went and just how much he cared about those in his life. Charlie was one of the strongest heroines I have ever read about. I definitely loved her ability to do what most consider a man's job and the fact that she was as good at it as she was. She was also able to still be feminine and I really liked seeing that side of her as well. While she was also a bit frustrating at times, I did understand her reluctance to want to start any type of relationship due to her career. The reason it was frustrating for me at times was because it was so clear how perfect these two were for one another and I wanted her to wake up earlier! But I really enjoyed their connection and chemistry, and these two were so hot together! The steam between them was off the charts, and I loved their sexy scenes. 

Overall, this was another great book in this series. I will say that those who have read the previous books should expect a completely different feel here than what they are used to from Corinne Michaels. Defenseless was more focused on find out what was going on with the guys and there was a lot more suspense here than we have previously seen from Corinne. I did feel like this book was missing a bit of the emotion and angst that we are used to from her, but it was good to get some answers to some of the questions that we have had for awhile now. I was glad that we got a little more emotion toward the end of this book, as I had been missing that throughout the first 75% of the story. While I liked Mark and Charlie, I was wanting a bit more of them rather than just the constant search for answers and push and pull they had going on. Still a great book, and I think fans of the series will really enjoy this one. Natalie and Liam are still my favorites, and I was so glad we got more of them and the rest of the gang here. I am looking forward to the next book in this series, and I can't wait to see what happens next for all these characters!

**ARC Provided by TRSOR Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes





1 comments :

  1. sounds good, I'm going to look into this series. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete