in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Review: If Only... by Beckie Stevenson


If Only... is my first book from Beckie Stevenson and what a ride it was! I feel like my emotions are still all over the place after finishing. The one thing I can tell you is that I could not put this book down! This is the first book I have read in awhile that I just had to keep reading and didn't want to set it down for anything. I stayed up way past my bedtime, but I just had to find out what was going on with Evie and Cole! If Only... was so good and I can't wait for more from Beckie Stevenson. 

Evie and Cole's relationship started when they were kids, and their story should have been a fairytale. Until one day and one lie changed everything. Years later they are both still feeling the heartbreak and sadness from losing each other. But when fate brings them back together will it finally bring them closure to move on, or will it be their second chance at the happy ending they always wanted with each other? 

I loved Evie and Cole! They were so easy to like, even with all the times that they absolutely frustrated me. Both of them made mistakes and they were far from perfect. Yet they were real and showed vulnerability, and I couldn't help but feel so invested in each of them and their future together. Evie and Cole both thought that they knew everything about the event that separated them, but it was clear right from the start that they didn't. I loved seeing that all unravel as each of them learned the truth. My heart broke for them both and all they had been through. The one thing that was clear though was the fact that their connection, chemistry and the undeniable love they shared had never dimmed or gone away despite everything.

I will warn potential readers that this story won't be for everyone. It is filled with angst and drama, and there are a lot of things that could potentially frustrate readers about this story. I personally love to torture myself at times with stories about love and loss and heartbreak, so this book was one that I really enjoyed even when I hated what was happening. But I really believe that this book is worth the shot, especially if you like second chance love stories. While I wasn't happy about a lot that had happened for these two and I didn't like a few things that each of them did, the story was such a great one that I found myself easily forgiving them and getting lost in their connection. Evie and Cole's their journey was anything but easy, but I never stopped believing in their love and that they were meant to be together. I really loved where these two ended up and I will definitely read more from Beckie Stevenson in the future.

**Review Copy Provided by Book Plug Promotions**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N | iTunes





0 comments :

Post a Comment