in
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, May 18, 2014

ARC Review: This Wicked Rush by Jessie Evans


Wow this book was more than I ever expected, and I loved every second of it! I couldn't put this one down from start to finish, and I cannot think of a single thing that I didn't love. (Well maybe the cliffhanger ending since the second book isn't out yet, but even that is forgivable because this book was that good!) This Wicked Rush by Jessie Evans has everything you could want in a great book, and I am so glad that I read this story. I absolutely cannot wait for the next book One Perfect Love to come out because I absolutely have to know what happens next!

Caitlin Cooney has been taking care of her younger brothers and her niece since both her mom and older sister left them. Her dad is a drunk who does absolutely nothing to help, forcing Caitlin to work multiple jobs just to barely scrape by. Caitlin takes one night for herself and meets Gabe. She gives in to her attraction to him and they end up doing far more together than she ever expected. When he comes back around months later wanting her help, she does everything she can to avoid him. But Gabe doesn't give up on the things he wants easily and he wants Caitlin. Caitlin finds herself unable to say no to him, and the more time they spend together the closer they get. What starts out as being just a summer together quickly grows into more. Caitlin and Gabe embark on a summer of love and sex as well as righting some wrongs by seeking revenge on those that deserve it. But with the expiration date on their relationship, the danger their revenge provokes, and Gabe keeping a secret...can they both make it out together and safe?

I absolutely loved Gabe. I knew there was more to him than met the eye, and I had my suspicions from the beginning. But I just loved his character so much. He is sexy and confident, and really caring. He took care of Caitlin and her family, and did things just to make them happy. I thought that despite what they were doing, Gabe was really great for Caitlin. He got her to think about life differently and he helped her to stand up for herself and her family. He was so easy to root for even when you felt that you shouldn't. I also really liked Caitlin. She was so protective of her family, and you could tell how strongly she loved them all. She wasn't just taking care of the kids because they were family, but because she chose to do so. She always put their needs above her own, and you could tell she would do anything she could for them. She was so strong and was able to handle so much. Gabe and Caitlin had such a great connection, and they understood each other better than anyone else. It was clear that they loved each other and had something that they had never felt before with anyone else. They had amazing chemistry together and were super hot! These two were extremely sexy together and you could practically feel the heat coming off my Kindle while reading about them!

Overall, this book was fantastic! Dark and Edgy, but yet has moments filled with love and sacrifice. This story was different and unique and absolutely captivated me from the beginning. I loved Jessie's writing style, and everything about it was outstanding. Gabe is so freaking sexy, and I absolutely loved his dirty mouth! Him and Caitlin will definitely be characters that stay on my mind, and that I will go back and re-read over and over. Their story is one that you can't help but become invested in, and I cannot wait to get more of these two. Yes there is a big cliffhanger, and you will definitely be left wanting more. But trust me, this book is worth the read despite the ending! I highly recommend this story, and I know I will be stalking the book sites waiting for One Perfect Love to be released.

**ARC Provided by AToMR**

Purchase: | Amazon | Kindle | B&N |




0 comments :

Post a Comment